We are all becoming germaphobes. There is a bottle of off-brand hand sanitizer at every store entrance and wash your hand signs on every public restroom mirror. Did you know that the dirtiest items we touch are items on our work desk or in our pockets?
4 of the top bacteria covered items we touch every dare are:
Cell phones are an essential part of everyday life and are usually always on us. Most people use their phones in the bathroom and wash their hands, but not their phones. Scientist from the University of Arizona have found cell phones can carry up to 10 times more bacteria than toilet seats.
Computer keyboards are one of the second largest breading grounds for bacteria. We sit at a desk 8 hours a day in between bathroom breaks and meals. Keyboards typically get cleaned less than once per month and are in an extremely high bacteria growth environment.
An often-neglected tool is our coffee cups. We use it every day but typically wash it than once per week and fill it from a bacteria full coffee pot. The inside of the water holding tank is warm, dark, and moist. A recent study from the University of Arizona shows coffee cups carry a large amount of E. Coli bacteria.
We may use the hand sanitizer next to the credit card processer in the checkouts but rarely follow up to clean the credit cards. Studies have shown that credit cards rival cash in the number of bacteria on the surface. We then store the card in our dark wallets or pursues next to our other vital everyday essentials.
CuPen’s are the cleanest thing on your desk or in your pocket. Our antimicrobial solutions are made with bactericidal* CuVerro copper alloy, which continuously works to kill more than 99.9% of bacteria left behind by dirty hands on all touchpoint surfaces even after repeated contamination.
CuVerro Copper provides a cleaner working environment. The bactericidal properties have proven to be effective against antibacterial resistant strains of bacteria commonly associated with hospital-associated infections. CuVerro is proven to eradicate:
- Staphylococcus aureus (Staph): Common bacteria that causes life-threatening diseases, including pneumonia and meningitis.
- Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA): A cause of skin and staph infections that are difficult to treat because of resistance to some antibiotics.
- Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE): Bacteria that commonly live in the bowel and are usually resistant to many antibiotics.
- E. coli - O157:H7: A foodborne pathogen associated with large-scale food recalls and causes serious illness in humans by producing toxins that can severely damage the lining of your intestines and kidneys.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa: Common bacteria that can cause infections in the blood, lungs (pneumonia), or other parts of the body after surgery.
*Laboratory testing shows that, when cleaned regularly, CuVerro surfaces kill greater than 99.9% of the following bacteria within 2 hours of exposure: Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, E. coli O157:H7, and Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE).